por favor, alguien podría decirme como eliminar conjuntos de mapas (productos) instalados en el Mapsource (versión 6.5). ¿Es suficiente con borrar la entrada correspondiente del registro de Windows con el RegEdit?
- Mensajes: 1090
- Registrado: 01 Ene 2006 04:15
- Modelo GPS: Oreg 600,76CSx,I3,1300
- Ubicación: Lisboa - Portugal
Si, em principio porque Mapsource deja de "reconocer" esos mapas. Pero te pongo una contestacion de Garmin (en inglÃªs) quando alguien se queja de una mala instalacion de unos mapas em Mapsource:
E la contestacion de Garmin:Dear Sirs,
I am unable to use my Mapsource program. The following error message is being requested to be forwarded to you :
Your help will be appreciated. Please instruct.
De: firstname.lastname@example.org <techsupp%40garmin.com> [mailto:
Enviada em: lunes, 30 de junio de 2008 13:10
Assunto: Re: Problem report (KMM3754277I10971L0KM)
Thank you for contacting Garmin International.
The TDB_PRODUCTDIR.HPP error that is caused by a corruption in the
installation of the program. In order to fix this error you will need to
remove the entire program and clean the registry of our files. Here are
the instructions to fix that issue:
Please follow the steps below to completely remove the MapSource and
Garmin programs from the computer, and then re-install:
1. Go to the Start menu in Windows.
2. Select 'Settings' and then select the 'Control Panel'.
3. In the Control Panel, double-click on the icon for 'Add or Remove
4. Select 'MapSource' in the Add or Remove Programs window, and then
click on the 'Change/Remove' button. The software will ask to if you
wish to uninstall all the components. Answer 'Yes' to this option.
5. Next, go to 'My Computer' and open the 'C:' drive. There you will
see a 'Garmin' folder. Delete it. Also look in the 'Program Files'
folder and delete the 'Garmin' folder if you see it in there.
6. Now, we can clear out the Temp directory:
* Go to the Start menu and choose 'Run...'.
* Type in '%temp%' and click 'OK'. This will display your
temporary files in a window.
* Go to the Edit menu and click on 'Select All'.
* Now, go to the File menu and click on 'Delete'.
* Once the files start being deleted, there may be some that
will give you an option to select 'Yes' or 'No'. If there are any files
you know you don't want to delete, select 'No'. Some may simply say that the file can not be deleted, and that's fine because those are needed
files. Once you click on 'OK' in that pop-up, the process will stop. You
can start deleting more files again by selecting all files, and then
pressing and holding the 'Ctrl' key on the keyboard and then clicking on
the first file in the list. That will deselect the first file, which
should be the one that stopped the process, and then you can once again
choose 'File' and 'Delete'.
* Keep repeating these steps until all of the temp files have
been cleaned out, except for the ones that need to stay.
7. Now we can get the Windows registry cleaned out:
* Go to the Start menu and choose 'Run...'.
* Type in "regedit" and press 'Enter'. This will launch the
Registry Editor. You should be very careful in the Registry
Editor--please follow these steps precisely.
* On the left, you should see five folders. Select the '+'
next to the folder called HKEY_CURRENT_USER. You will see several
* Now, select the '+' next to the folder called 'Software'.
* In the 'Software' folder, you will see a series of folders.
One will be 'Garmin'. Highlight the 'Garmin' folder and press the
'Delete' key on your keyboard. It will ask for confirmation of deletion,
to which you can answer 'Yes'. Press on the '-' signs to contract the
* Repeat the same process for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. The 'Garmin'
folder may not be in this section of the registry.
8. Shut down your system as normal, wait for about 30 seconds, and
then start up your computer.
9. Before re-installing the software, please disable or turn off any
security programs (e.g. Norton, McAfee, SpyBot, Zone Alarm, etc.).
10. Reinstall MapSource and any additional mapping you have. It may
ask for the destination folder. If the setting is 'C:\Program Files' and
so forth, click on the 'Browse' option and type in the following folder:
11. Reboot after finishing your installation.
12. After you reinstall, I recommend that you upgrade MapSource to the
latest version, which can be obtained here:
With Best Regards,
Software Support XXXXXX
2nd Shift Software Team
913-397-8282 (fax) Att: Landon W
El programa MapSetToolkit funciona de maravilla. De hecho, tiene una ventanita que pone "Uninstall Mapset" específicamente para eso. Sólo he tenido que borrar la carpeta donde estaban los mapas. Tanto el registro de windows, como la entrada en el Mapsource han desaparecido sin dejar rastro.